Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bubha's Oatmeal Custard

I've been trying very hard to make sure that Buhba is eating good, nutritious food (and not just what is easiest/fastest to give him). I have been experimenting with some recipes that I've found, and then adding my own mommy touch to. Here's the latest (it's sooooo yummy, it's hard for me to not eat it all!) This is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or just a mid-day snack.

Buhba's Oatmeal Custard
-Make one Cup of oatmeal from scratch. Use whole milk instead of water and add a little bit of cinnamon to taste. (This by itself is really good too!)
-Mix package of vanilla pudding with whole milk (see instructions on the box)
-Mix Cup of cooked oatmeal and mixed pudding together, then add to one cup of vanilla baby yogurt (I like YoBaby).
-Warm in the microwave for about 30 seconds (just so it's warm) and add half a bannana (cut up) on top.

Mommy Modification: substitute fat-free milk for all of the whole milk portions, and use a low-fat or fat-free yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment